If for some reason the print is not going to the printer, it could be for a number of reason.
- Check that the Sawgrass Print Manager is running. You will only be able to print through the Sawgrass Print manager if it is running. This is because it is constantly scanning for new files to print in the background. On Windows, the PM icon will be displayed down at the bottom right, in the hidden icons.
- Check that the printer is online and that there are no errors on the printer LCD panel. If the printer is offline If the printer is in an error state or if the printer menu is open, the printer will show as being offline. If the printer is offline, the printer icon will be greyed out in the devices and printers or it will show as offline in the Printers & Scanners list.
If the printer is showing as offline:
- Check that the "Use printer offline " option is not checked.
To check this, go to the settings and select Printers & Scanners. Then select the Sawgrass printer driver and click on Open Queue.
Click on Printer and un-check Use printer Offline if it is checked.
- If the printer is connected via ethernet. It could be that the IP address of the printer has changed and will therefore need to be updated. The easiest way to do this is to remove the current printer driver from the devices and printers or settings, then restart the printer and reinstall it via the Print Manager menu > Configure new printer.
- If the printer is connected via USB, we would first recommend restarting the printer spooler.
To do this, click on start, then type services and select the Services app
Locate the Print Spooler, then click on Restart
- If the issue persists, you can reinstall the USB printing support driver, which will in turn reinstall the printer driver. In order to so, click on start button and search for Device Manager
Once the Device Manager has loaded, locate Universal Serial Bus Controllers, then right click on USB Printing Support and select Uninstall. Click Uninstall on the confirmation window that will appear.
After the device has been removed, either restart the PC or Click on your PC name at the top of the list, then click on Action > Scan for Hardware changes.
After performing the above. The printer driver should now be reinstalling itself.